I am certain that any reader of the material contained in this journal would find it incredible, to say the very least.
My great-uncle, Josiah Johnston, has been listed as missing for well over seventeen years now. It was only last Spring that I was able to locate any trace of him in this journal. For though his home was searched from attic to cellar, the journal did not surface at that time.
Last Spring, at precisely the time of Easter, I found the journal lying on top of a quilt in an old wardrobe in a room that I know had been searched previously. I had performed that chore myself. The contents of the journal are fascinating to me. I have yet to peruse the entire book as of yet, but will on occasion find the time to sit and read. I have nothing to write about at this time, but will continue to ponder those things that I have heretofore mentioned in my earlier entry. Suffice it to say that Uncle Josiah came upon a wonderous sight in the forests of Colorado and I intend to take my own journey to the same place in an attempt to catch a glimpse of whatever I may find for myself. Grace Johnston Dwyer 9 April 1903
No comments:
Post a Comment