Friday, August 5, 2011

The summer, having been a long and tiresome summer, has taken its toll on my nerves. Thus, the plotting of my next move had been put off until this afternoon, when I received a visitor who was much interested in the project at hand.

The name of the gentleman is Master George Jarius Finney. Such a funny name for a very distinguished man. He took my hand gently and patted it as he spoke- his manner seemed genuine enough, and yet I continue to guard my secrets until I learn further what his motives are in their entirety. He gave his concern for my uncle and departed, leaving a small card in my hand. I do believe that I will turn this matter over to our solicitors for an evaluation before taking action.

In my uncle's own hand is a letter that has been discovered in his old trunk in a hidden door. There is nothing so fascinating as the inner workings of my uncle's mind. I shall be rather busy for the next weeks, getting the letter deciphered, for it seems to have been written in a kind of code.

17 July 1903 Grace Johnston Dwyer

No comments:

Post a Comment